There are tons of fitness trackers available for everyone’s need but which one is Best Fitness Tracker For Biking?
The answer to your question of which is the best fitness band for cycling depends on many factors like your budget, your need, your lifestyle, your brand preference etc.
But don’t worry we are covering some of the best fitness trackers for bike riding, that suits your budget, your needs, and brand preference.
We will cover some of the best fitness band for cycling according to your budgets first because budget is one of the most important points before buying anything.
Everyone cannot afford the $500+ smartwatches, and that is why many popular fitness band makers now focusing on Budget Segment. There are many varieties in fitness bands and smartwatches.
Many of our readers are searching for fitness tracker reviews, and after all their research they become confused about which one to pick because there are so many fitness bands or smartwatches that are out there, but our article of the best fitness watch, can guide you which one to pick.
Best Fitness Tracker For Biking (ABOVE $200)
In the expensive section of the best fitness tracker for biking, there are many famous companies who made fitness trackers and smartwatches.
If you have a high budget then you can go for the smartwatches instead of fitness bands, smartwatches have all the fitness tracking features with more extra features like music streaming, text and voice notifications from your smartphone, Bluetooth, WiFi etc.
In simple terms, in smartwatches, you will get tons of features and functions in comparison with the fitness bands.
|Features||Fitbit Versa||Apple Watch Series 3||Apple Watch Series 4||Fitbit Blaze|
|Optical heart rate||✔️||✔️||✔️(improved)||✔️|
|Ambient light sensor||❌||✔️||✔️(improved)||✔️|
|Water Proofing (up to 50m)||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Dimensions||24.07*24.07mm||44*44mm||42*42mm||8.64 x 1.67 x 0.43 in|
|Size||1.34 inches||–||–||5.5″ – 9.3″|
|Resolution||300 x 300 pixel||368 by 448 pixels||312 by 390 pixels||240 by180 pixels|
|Pixel Density||306 ppi||~303 ppi||~326 ppi||~181 ppi|
|Protection||Gorilla Glass 3||Sapphire crystal||Sapphire crystal||Gorilla Glass 3|
|Battery Life||4 days||18 hours||18 hours||5 days|
|Compatible Operating System||Windows, Android, iOS||Android, iOS||Android, iOS||Windows, Android, iOS|
|Calories Intake Burned||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Calories Intake Burned||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Find My Phone||❌||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Dimensions||24.07*24.07mm||42*42*11.4mm||44*44*10.7mm||8.64 x 1.67 x 0.43 in|
|Weight||0.8 ounces||26.7g||39.8g||1.44 ounces|
|No. of Reviews||5003||639||416||9460|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Fitbit is a very popular fitness band maker and they are making various kinds of fitness bands and smartwatches, if you see the appearance of Fitbit Versa, then it kind of resembles the look of Apple Watch.
Fitbit Versa has a decent look, with 39mm of length, 11.2 mm of thickness, 0.8 ounces of weight, you feel nothing in your hands after wearing this smartwatch.
It has a display size of 38.6mm or 1.34inches. It comes in a lot of different color combinations and Fitbit Versa has three editions normal version, lite version, and special edition.
You can pick whatever you want, we are discussing the normal version here.
- Display: It has a color display, with one navigation button at one side and. It is also a touchscreen, you can navigate with the screen as well. It comes with the protection of Gorilla Glass 3.
- Features: It comes with a lot of features like optical heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, Altimeter, Ambient light sensor, WiFi, NFC (in the special edition). You can download different apps from its own app store.
You can also store music on Fitbit Versa, and it can store all your fitness data for one month, and it saves your motion data up to 7 days.
You can sync all your data with the Fitbit mobile app which is available for Windows, iOS, and Android with the help of Bluetooth. It can connect with your phone up to 30 meters of the radius.
Fitbit Versa is water resistant to 50 meters. It can store your fitness health while swimming as well.
You can do NFC payments with the help of NFC chip present in it (special edition only). Fitbit Versa doesn’t have GPS instead it uses the GPS of the smartphone.
- Battery: Fitbit claims that Fitbit Versa can work for 4 days straight, but it varies according to the usage, but you will get one or two days of battery backup if you use all of its features.
- Activity Tracker: Fitbit Versa can track the steps, distance (with the GPS of the smartphone), calories burned, and how many floors you have climbed.
It has all kinds of essential tracking features that you need to track while walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, climbing, etc. It comes with its own Female Health Tracking feature which will be helpful for ladies.
You can track your sleep, it also reminds you after some intervals to move, and has built-in 15+ exercise modes as well. It can monitor your heart rating 24×7 and saves all the records in its memory.
It is a very great looking smartwatch that you can use for tracking your steps, calories burned, heart rate, sleep etc. It has all the features that you need to track your health.
And in its official Amazon page, it got 4900+ reviews and 3.8 stars out of 5. This is one of the most selling smartwatches or fitness trackers of Amazon.
Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4
These two smartwatches are another Best Fitness Tracker For Biking, Apple Watch is one of the most selling smartwatches all over the world.
Apple Watch is the leading producer of the smartwatch market. Many people prefer apple watch than others as it can easily connect with their all apple devices.
These two watches have so many features as well. And we will discuss them in our post as well.
The only difference between the Series 4 and Series 3 is the Electrical heart sensor (ECG app), Series 4 comes with ECG feature and Series 3 doesn’t. Series 4 comes with the latest chip and latest Bluetooth 5.0 with a new bigger display.
If you want to read the complete difference between these two then you can check the official difference table from Apple.com.
- Display: Series 3 (740 sq mm) comes with a smaller display then the Series 4 (977 sq mm), both the watches comes in various display sizes, you can put what you want. But the Series 4 has a bigger display then the Series 3.
- Features: Series 3 and Series 4 has almost the same features, but the difference is that the new watch Series 4 has some improved sensors than the Series 3. And Series 4 has a new ECG monitoring feature by which you can monitor the ECG ratings of the body.
And Series 4 has better latest Bluetooth Connectivity technology 5.0. You can find your phone with the help of Find my phone feature available in both the watches.
And you can respond to the calls directly from your watch, as it has a microphone and speaker built in. And you also get notifications of all your apps straight in your watch.
You can leave your phone at home and go to the walk and still you got all your calls and messages in your watch, as it has a new cellular feature by which you can connect to your loved ones without your mobile.
It is also waterproof up to 50 meters but it doesn’t have any kind of screen protection like the Fitbit Versa.
- Battery: The battery backup of both the Series 3 and Series 4 is not so good, you have to charge both the watches every day, as it has so many features and sensors inbuilt, which works in background 24×7 and that is the reason for poor battery life, you can charge Series 4 with the Wireless Charging.
- Activity Tracker: Apple Watch can track all kinds of fitness and health measures, Series 3 and Series 4 both have all the necessary tracking sensors that can use for tracking steps, distance, calories burned, heart rate monitor, swimming tracking, floors climbed.
You can use the Series 4 Apple watch for the ECG monitoring as well, it is a new feature of the Apple Watch.
- Many health-related features
- Built-in voice assistant
- No gorilla glass protection
- Bad Battery Life
Apple watch is a great smartwatch if you have an iPhone as it syncs all its data with the smartphone very easily.
These two smartwatches, Series 3 and Series 4 come with different price points, if you have a low budget then you can go for the Series 3 and if you want the latest features then you can go for Series 4.
This is another smartwatch manufactured by Fitbit, they made all kinds of fitness bands and smartwatches, after the Apple Watch, they come to the second in the smartwatch market.
You can read about the market share of different smartwatch maker from this link.
If you want something that can connect both with Android and iOS, then you can consider Fitbit products, as they can connect with iOS, Android and Windows.
- Display: The screen size of Fitbit Blaze is pretty small then other smartwatches, and the screen size of this watch is 0.75″x1″. It has a touchscreen and color display, which comes in square shape.
The display seems annoying to me, as it sits below the display, and the bezels of the watch are so big that you will find that annoying as well.
It comes with the protection of Gorilla Glass 3 with a resolution of 240 by 180 pixels, 181 PPI pixel density. The screen size of Fitbit Blaze varies the sizes, as it comes with small, medium, and large.
- Features: It comes with all kinds of features for health tracking, like step counter, distance traveled, but it doesn’t come with in-built GPS, Fitbit Blaze uses the GPS of a connected smartphone to track the route and distance.
It is not waterproof, it is only splashproof, you cannot use this while swimming. Fitbit also gives you all kinds of mobile notifications like call, text, calendar and other push notifications.
You can control your music with the help of Fitbit Blaze, and it has a unique by which it can measure your sleep and wakes you up with silent alarms, and it also notifies you to move after some intervals.
- Battery: Fitbit Blaze, can easily run straight up to 5 days, according to the company, but it varies to the usage of every person. It comes with a 120mAh battery.
- Activity Tracker: It comes with step counter, optical heart rate monitor, altimeter, accelerometer, you can track the distance traveled with the GPS of the connected smartphone, you can track how many steps you walked, how much calories you have burned, monitor heart rate 24*7, monitor the altitude, and measure the speed. You can read more about all its feature from the comparison table.
- Great Battery Life
- Decent Pricing
- Annoying Looks
- Lack of GPS
- No Waterproofing
Best Fitness Tracker For Biking (BETWEEN $200-$100)
There are some people who cannot afford costly watches, or they don’t think that spending $200+ on a watch is good practice.
So, we come with some of the best smartwatches that you can use as Best Fitness Tracker For Biking or Best Fitness Tracker for Cycling and Walking.
In this price segment, there are tons of companies who are fighting to make new customers but all of them are not good.
You have to pick the best activity tracker for cycling. So, without wasting much time, here is the list of top fitness trackers.
|Features||Polar A370||Garmin vívofit 2||FitBit Charge 2|
|Optical heart rate||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Ambient light sensor||❌||❌||❌|
|Water Proofing (up to 50m)||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Dimensions||13mm x 27mm||25.5mm x 10mm||–|
|Resolution||80 x 160 pixels||Segmented LCD||–|
|Battery Life||4 days||12Months||5 days|
|Battery Capacity||110 mAh||–||–|
|Compatible Operating System||Android, iOS, PC||iOS and Android||iOS and Android|
|Calories Intake Burned||❌||✔️||✔️|
|Calories Intake Burned||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Find My Phone||❌||❌|
|Dimensions||13mm x 27mm||8.3×0.83×0.42 in||3.8 cm|
|Weight||37.3g(varies to sizes)||25.5 g (0.89 oz)||36 grams|
|No. of Reviews||2475||271||17377|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Polar A370 is a normal looking smart band, that can measure all your steps, distance, heart rate.
Polar has a previous model of this watch called A360, the only difference is the continuous heart rate monitoring, now with A370 you can track your heart rate continuously but with A360, it only monitors the heart rate after some time intervals. A370 can track your heart rate 24*7.
It has 3.5 stars out of 5, with 270 reviews on its Amazon selling page. You can read their reviews from this link.
- Display: Polar A370 comes with a rectangle shaped backlit display with 13mm x 27mm of screen size, which is small as compared to other smartwatches, but it is a color display.
You can watch all your stats and time as well without any problem in under direct sunlight as well.
It is a TFT display and comes with a capacitive touchscreen. And the screen resolution of this watch is 80 x 160 pixels (RGB).
- Features: The User interface of Polar A370 comes with a swipe up and swipe down gestures. You can select every feature with from the menu itself.
It comes with all kinds of basic features like sleep tracking, step counter, heart rate monitoring, distance, and route with the help of GPS of the connected smartphone. It comes with a micro USB charging cable, the same cable that you use for charging your Android Phone.
You can watch all your stats within their official application that you can connect with the help of Bluetooth connection.
You can watch all your notifications of your smartphone, Polar A370 comes with many inbuilt sports modes, that you can use in tracking your health information.
It also counts how many calories you have burnt throughout the day. It is also waterproof with WR30 rating.
- Battery: Polar A370 comes with 110mAh of battery and according to the official site data, it gives you around 4 days of backup, but the backup varies from user to user.
You can charge the battery with any standard micro USB cable. The charging port of the watch is on the bottom side of the watch, and after charging the watch you have to cover the charging port.
- Activity Tracker: It comes with all kinds of necessary trackers that you need to track all kinds of activity.
You can track how many steps you walked, how many calories you have burned, how many miles you have run, what is your current heart rate, and it stores all the data in its internal memory and you can watch all the stats from its official application which is available for iOS and Android.
You can also track your sleep with this watch. The only downside of this watch is it doesn’t have GPS inbuilt and you cannot control music.
- Small in Size
- Easy to use UI
- Great Reviews
- Doesn’t have GPS
- No Screen Protection
- Some software problems
Garmin Vívofit 2
Garmin is another popular brand in the smartwatch or fitness band industry, they made expensive as well as budget oriented smart bands or fitness watches.
And Vívofit 2 is quite popular among many fitness enthusiasts, runners, and cyclists. You can use it for biking as well.
It has 2400+ reviews in its Amazon page and has 4-star rating out of 5. You can read all of its Amazon reviews from here.
- Display: Garmin Vívofit 2 comes with a color backlit display in a rectangular shape. This is helpful for the long battery, you can watch the display by pressing a button which is placed at one side of the display.
- Features: Garmin Vívofit 2 has a lot of features, in its display you will see a red color bar, which automatically learns you how you move in your day to day life and assign automatic goals, and when you completed one milestone then it assigns another goal for next day which is bigger than the last day.
You can wear this for a whole day and it will tell you when you have to move, as it reminds you to move after each hour with a beep sound.
You cannot get notifications with this band, as it doesn’t support notification feature, and it lacks many other basic features, you can check all the features of Garmin Vívofit 2 Activity Tracker by our comparison table.
- Battery: Garmin Vívofit 2 comes with a cell battery which is fitted inside it, and the battery backup of Garmin Vívofit 2 is quite amazing, you can get 12 months of battery backup with this band.
- Activity Tracker: Garmin Vívofit 2 has some of the basic features that you need to measure the activity of your day to day life, like step counter, a heart rate monitor, Sleep monitoring, Calories burned, and you can sync all your data with the help of the Bluetooth connection with Garmin Connect App which is available for Android and iOS, you can even sync all the data with your PC or MAC.
It doesn’t have GPS and Garmin Vívofit 2 cannot detect the route that you have takes while running or bicycling.
- Great Battery Backup
- Great Reviews and Ratings
- Lack of many features
Fitbit Charge 2
Fitbit Charge 2 is another Fitbit product for the budget segment, they have so many products to pick from, you can look at some of the other Fitbit products by following this link.
They claim this is the number one fitness band. But we will how effective it is. The reason why we picked this for our list is because of the ratings it got in its Amazon selling page, it got 17300+ review with 4.1 stars out of 5, which is quite good for a smart band of having that much of happy customers.
- Display: Fitbit Charge 2 has an OLED panel display which is great for viewing under direct sunlight. The screen of Fitbit Charge 2 is 0.84 inches wide and it is a touch display.
- Features: Fitbit Charge 2 comes with many features that a tracker had, but it had a lot more features than the regular fitness band like Auto Sleep Tracking & Alarms, it can track automatically how much you sleep and wakes you up with silent alarms.
It also shows you the sleep patterns with Sleep Stages function, it will tell you how much when you get into the deep sleep, it will help you to know the sleep patterns of your body.
Fitbit Charge 2 can track so many health activities like hiking, biking, sports and more with the help of SmartTrack function.
And it also reminds you to move after a long sitting work, so that you will be more productive for your work.
- Battery: Fitbit doesn’t provide much information about the battery of Fitbit Charge 2, they provide information just about the battery backup of the Fitbit Charge 2.
Fitbit Charge 2 gives you a battery backup of 4-5 days, but in real life, it depends on How much you use the Fitbit Charge 2.
- Activity Tracker: Fitbit Charge 2 comes with a lot of tracking functions like step counter, distance, active minutes, calories burned, heart rate, sleep tracking. You can track almost all the necessary things with Fitbit Charge 2.
It comes with a function of Multi-Sport Modes, by which you can track specific kinds of exercises like weight training, running, cycling or yoga.
If you want to track the route then you have to connect the Fitbit Charge 2 with your smartphone, as it doesn’t have its own GPS, so Fitbit Charge 2 uses the GPS of the smartphone.
You can see all the stats with the help of its official Android and iOS apps.
Fitbit Charge 2 is an amazing smartwatch or smart band, you can give it a try, as Fitbit is the second most trusted company of the Smartwatch industry. Now Fitbit announces the Fitbit Charge 3. It comes with a similar price, you can look at that as well.
These watches can be best choices for the budget fitness tracker cycling, if you have low budget then $100, then you can still check amazon for more choices, but we recommend you to buy something above $100, as in this price segment you will get all kinds of features for tracking.
Best Fitness Tracker For Biking (Under $100)
There are many people who only want is a fitness band, nothing more than this, no other bells and whistles, just a simple fitness tracker for biking. And for their need, there are so many fitness bands that can fit their needs.
There are some fitness bands that can be the best choice for people who are looking for Best Fitness Tracker For Biking under $100.
|Features||Amazfit Bip||Garmin vívosmart HR|
|Optical heart rate||✔️||✔️|
|Ambient light sensor||❌||❌|
|Water Proofing (up to 50m)||✔️||✔️|
|Dimensions||–||25.3 x 0.7 mm|
|Resolution||176 x 176 pixels||160 x 68 pixels|
|Pixel Density||207 ppi||–|
|Protection||Gorilla Glass 3||❌|
|Battery Life||12+ days||3 days|
|Compatible Operating System||iOS and Android||iOS and Android|
|Find My Phone||❌||✔️|
|No. of Reviews||1321||3191|
|Check Price||Check Price|
Amazfit Bip is a smartwatch made by Huami Inc, the look of the Amazfit Bip is kind off resembles the Apple watch, but the body of this watch is made up of complete plastic. And it comes with interchangeable bands.
It comes with an optical heart rate sensor and has an IP68 water resistant rating. You can pair with the help of Bluetooth connection with your smartphone.
Amazfit Bip has 3.9 stars out of 5 with 1300+ reviews on Amazon, you can read all the reviews from this link.
- Display: Amazfit Bip comes with an LCD touchscreen color display of 1.28 inches with a resolution of 176 x 176 pixels. The pixel density of the screen is 207 PPI, and it comes with an always-on display function. The best thing about Amazfit Bip is, it comes with Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Features: I am not expecting any features from this price point, but it has a lot of features than other competitors in this price segment. It will show you all kinds of mobile notifications like call, text message, alarm, and other app notifications as well.
It comes with Bluetooth 4.0 by which you can sync all your data with the mobile. And it is waterproof as well with IP68 level. It has all the basic features that you can expect from a smartwatch, nothing fancy.
- Activity Tracker: Amazfit Bip comes with step counter, sleep monitor, heart rate monitoring feature, Accelerometer, and GPS. You can track your steps, route, distance, calories burned. And then you can see all the health stats with the connected smartwatch.
It comes with its own GPS, which is pretty surprising for a budget segment smartwatch because many high-end smartwatches don’t come with their own GPS.
- Battery: Amazfit Bip comes with a 190mAh battery and according to the company it can give you 30+ days of backup, but I read some of the reviews and in which users say it gives only 10-15 days of backup in one charge.
- Amazing Features
- Best value smartwatch
- Small Display
- UI is so basic
Garmin Vívosmart HR
Garmin is quite popular in the smart band industry, they made a lot of budget fitness bands, that can use for any kind of fitness activity tracker, you can track all the basic health measures with the Garmin vívosmart HR.
This smart band or fitness tracker is best for the people who are looking Best Fitness Tracker For cycling under $100.
Display: Garmin vívosmart HR comes with a backlit display which is a handful for under sunlight, you can watch the screen without any problem under the direct sunlight.
It is a touchscreen and comes with a button as well to navigate between the different menu features.
You can choose the orientation of screen directly with the help of their Garmin Connect App, from vertical and horizontal. It doesn’t come with any kind of screen protection.
- Features: Garmin vívosmart HR comes with a lot of feature like notification alerts, waterproofing up to 50 meters, it comes with an optical heart rate sensor as well.
It comes with a backlight display which makes it great for low light visibility as well.
You can track your steps as well as run with calories burned and live heart rating. It also comes with silent alarms which are pretty useful if you don’t want to disturb anyone else in the room with your alarms.
You can also use Garmin vívosmart HR to control the music as well.
Battery: Garmin doesn’t provide any information regarding the capacity of the battery of Garmin vívosmart HR, but they are saying that it can give you a battery backup of four to five days for moderate usage.
Activity Tracker: Garmin vívosmart HR comes with basic activity trackers like step counter, distance, heart rate, calories burned. It comes with Bluetooth by which you can sync all your stats with the Garmin Connect app.
As it is a budget fitness band that means it also lacks some of the features like GPS, Gyroscope.
- Great reviews and ratings
- Has all the necessary features
- Lacks features for cycling
We are not covering everything about these fitness bands and smartwatches, because if we did that then the length of the article will be so long.
These are some of the Best Fitness Tracker For Biking, there are many other watches as well that you can still try, and we provided the recommended products as well in our article.
If you have any suggestions for us you can leave them in the comment sections below.