Looking to buy a Hiking Belt? There are many options out there, but which one is perfect for your needs? We have made a DETAILED Best Hiking Belts list, with top-rated belts.
Adventure is not everyone’s cup of tea. A lot of us prefer taking the safer and still way. However, adventure requires a lot of courage and passion apart from some serious equipment such as the Hiking Belt and other premium-quality implements.
For those who are seeking some adrenaline rush, there are quite a few different activities and sports. For example hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, mountaineering, skiing, dirt biking, rafting, etc.
Choosing the one you wish to experience depends on various factors such as the place you are visiting, the weather, etc. But most of all what matters is that you should not overlook your safety at any cost.
Best Hiking Belt
|1.||NIKE Men’s Tech Essentials Web Black Belt||Material: Cotton |
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|2.||FAIRWIN Military Style Tactical Belt (Best Seller)||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|3.||WYUZE Outdoor Military Web Belt||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|4.||JASGOOD Nylon Canvas||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|5.||Tactical Men’s Convertible TDU Belt||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|6.||COLUMBIA Adjustable One size Military Web Belt||Material: Cotton|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|7.||Mountain Khakis Men’s Webbing Belt||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|8.||KLIK Belts Tactical Belt||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|9.||Arcade Heavy Duty Elastic Webbing Belts||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|10.||HOANAN Heavy Duty Thick Nylon Web Belts||Material: Nylon|
|CHECK LATEST PRICE|
A lot of people have different kinds of phobias, for instance, acrophobia which is the fear of height or aquaphobia also called fear of water. If you are one of them the type of adventure sport you want to go for should be wisely chosen.
But in case you are not, there is another precaution that needs to be taken, carrying the correct equipment.
Hence, if this is the first hiking trip you need to research well about that equipment that is needed and trust only those who have been to such trips before.
So, the list of things that are needed firstly depends on whether you are going for a long hiking trip or a short one. If it is a long one the list becomes a little short to reduce the baggage weight.
Also read: 10 Best Hydration Pack for Road Cycling
To begin with, first start with deciding which type of clothes to wear, shoes and the backpack ideal for such trips.
Our two cents are that your clothes should be flowy and comfortable for the weather, hiking boots and backpacks meant for hiking. A day hiking trip requires:
- Enough water
- Some food
- A map, very important and
- Rain-proof gear in case it rains.
Other miscellaneous items you would require are sunglasses, torch, first aid kit, fire starter, knife, compass, insect repellant, and an emergency blanket. But, as mentioned earlier when the duration of the trip increases the list of things to carry decreases.
Only very essential items are required to prevent fatigue and any kind of serious injury. Even hiking boots become optional on such trips.
Out of all this equipment what we should not forget are hiking belts and thus here we have a list of the best hiking belts to help you choose the right one.
Hiking belts are such equipment which isn’t talked about. Whereas there are others such as hiking boots, hiking backpacks, etc. You encounter way too many reviews and articles talking about them but when it comes to hiking belts the number however reduces.
People don’t see much to talk about in these but we think these are equally as important as any other hiking equipment. With the same vision, companies have some high-performance hiking belts.
These aren’t just a buckle and strap belt but there is a lot more to it. You should see the different thoughts behind them for yourself:
NIKE Men’s Tech Essentials Web Black Belt
Nike is one such brand that doesn’t need any introduction. Be it shoes, apparel, or any other stuff Nike never seems to disappoint its customers. With hiking belts, a product that is all about quality not mentioning this brand would have been impossible.
So, here is our first recommendation, Nike Men’s Tech Essentials Web Black Belt. If you are into hiking or any other similar challenging adventure sports this should be a must-have in your wardrobe.
Doesn’t matter if you have tried their products or not you are surely going to like this accessory eight here.
With 100% imported cotton material, it provides ultra comfort in hot and sunny weather as well. Moreover, it comes with a personal fit technology featuring adjustable closure.
This helps adjust to your waistline without you having to worry. The other features of one of the best backpacking belt are:
- 100% cotton
- Adjustable closure
- Machine wash
- 2” high
- 2” wide
- Soft webbing
- Enamel Buckle
- Swoosh logo
- Personalized fit technology
- Comes with eight colour options
- Worth the money
- The paint wears off easily
FAIRWIN Military Style Tactical Belt
This has to be the most loved product in our entire list of the best hiking belts. When you go through the reviews and ratings of this product on the online shopping site you will be convinced to buy it then and there.
But, here we are with a more critical and accurate review of the Fairwin military-style tactical belt. With four color options- black, camo, green and tan all of which are amazing it gives that perfect sporty yet military look when worn.
This one is also quite durable since it comes with a heavy-duty metal buckle. Fairwin too is a quite well-known brand and its products can be trusted for the same.
However, you do have the four-star rating and over a thousand reviews to go through and make your own independent decision.
Talking about the quality of the strap, it is made of high-quality 100D nylon which accounts for high breathability and comfort of wearing.
Warranty is another aspect customers look for before buying any product.
The tactical belt from Fairwin comes with a two-year quality warranty and sixty days hassle-free return policy, which in our opinion is pretty decent.
This is the bestseller product of Amazon under the Hiking Belt category, which makes it best recommended hiking belt.
Some other features of the belt are:
- Comes in five sizes- S, M, L, XL, and XXL which have the waist measurements mentioned.
- Quick-release buckle.
- Length: 45 inch
- Width: 1.5 inch
- Buckle size, 2” in width and 5/16’’ in thickness
- 1000D environment-friendly nylon material
- Perfect for daily use
- Easy to remove
- Quite durable
- Good customer support
- Trendy colour options
- Helpful size measurements
- Justified warranty period
- Not strong enough to be used with a hip holster
- Challenging to attach a concealed carry rig
WYUZE Outdoor Military Web Belt
While designs of a hiking belt can vary from being military to sporty to casual to an elegant one this one is yet another of those tough military web belts. Wyuze says it is a multi-purpose and multi-functional web belt perfect for anyone on a hiking trip.
This one of a kind belt can be worn daily for casual outings without it being too much out of the occasion and for those sporty and exhausting play days as well. With premium nylon webbing it provides breathability and sweat absorption.
It is quite flexible, fast-dry, lightweight and yet durable and heavy-duty.
You can rely on this to be the only belt that you need both for those adventure and casual outings with your friends.
The other features of the Wyuze outdoor military web belt are as follows:
- Non-metal belt: The lightweight aspect of this belt is due to the YKK plastic buckle. No metal whatsoever has been used in the making of this belt and this allows you to pass through those airport checks without having to take it off.
- Heavy duty: This tactical belt right here is capable of carrying about 500 kgs of weight which makes it the perfect outdoor belt for professionals such as policemen, electricians, security guards, and other such utility workers who need to carry their gear most of the time.
- Adjustable: Unlike the conventional ones that come with holes to adjust it to your perfect size this comes with a holeless belt and removable buckles to make it go perfectly with your waist size. However, it is most suited for those with waistline measurements below 34 inches.
- Lifetime guaranteed refund policy: As much as Wyuze boasts about their durable and sturdy web belts it also makes sure that you have no problems while using them and hence the lifetime guaranteed refund policy.
- Metal-free makes it easy to pass through airport checks
- Heavy-duty design
- Comes in ten different colours to choose from
- Has five different sizes as well which are below 32”, 42”, 50”, 56” and 62”
- Comes in a pack of two
- The buckles could have been of better plastic material
- Not the one for people with waist girth more than 34 inches
JASGOOD Nylon Canvas Breathable Military Tactical Men Waist belt
Opting for the well-known brands is good but you must know that there are a lot of other good quality newer brands as well. Also, a little exploring never hurts anyone.
Keeping that in mind here we have the nylon military tactical belt from the house of Jasgood. The 4500+ reviews and 4.5-star rating on Amazon make it worth a try.
Apart from that, it has a strap width of 1.5 inches or 3.8 cm and the buckle width is 1.8 inch or 4.5 cm.
This is more of a casual outing and daily wear kind of waist belt but it can be worn on small adventurous hiking trips, hunting, shooting, some outdoor sports too.
The strap material is nylon which makes it a lot more lightweight and easy to carry than others.
These are also comfortable for hot sunny days when you sweat a lot and do not want to suffer more because of the belt you are wearing.
The nylon material allows the sweat to evaporate faster to make it more comfortable and breathable than ever.
There are some other features of this best web belt as well:
- No metals used: Like the previous recommendation in our list of the best belts for hiking the Jasgood one too doesn`t make use of any metals providing the same benefits as mentioned above; easy security check, lightweight, transport-friendly, etc.
- Fully adjustable: The strap length which is about 120 cm or 47.2 inches can be adjusted according to you and trimmed if necessary. The removable automatic buckle and the holeless strap fits perfectly according to your waistline if the pant size is below 40 inches.
- Summer wear: The nylon material that has been used in the making of this belt is lightweight, wear-resistant, more flexible, easy to dry, and overall the perfect material for those summer wears.
- Perfect for summers as well
- Can be worn daily as well
- Has twelve different and amazing colour options
- Has three size variants: pants size below-40”, 45” and 54”
- Nickel-free buckles
- Easy to dry in air
- Not that durable
- The closure is a bit difficult to understand and to get used to
Tactical Men’s Convertible TDU Belt
For those who aren’t aware of what TDU means here, it stands for Tactical Duty Uniform (TDU). This is a term commonly used when it can be converted or altered between two different purposes- tie-down or a carry strap.
This again is one of those metal free buckles to choose from and not worry about stopping at airport security checks.
Made of a 100% quadruple-stitched nylon reinforcement it features in our list of best hiking belts.
The material described here takes care of the fact that it doesn’t wear off or looks old too soon. Here are some other important features of our fifth recommendation:
- 100% Nylon
- 1.7” high, 4.7” wide
- Durable material
- It comes with a strap that attaches itself to the pressure of the object you wish to carry. Hence, perfect for engineers, policemen, etc.
- Runs a size small but all the measurements for the seven different variants have been mentioned.
- Can carry gear and stuff
- Convertible TDU feature
- Heavy duty
- Comes in three different wearable colours
- Not for those who want their belts to be tight and hugging
- The thickness could have been more
COLUMBIA Adjustable One size Military Web Belt
Columbia is a highly trusted and well-known brand in America. It is one of America’s most popular belt brands. That being said it is not the sole reason that the Columbia adjustable web belt got to feature in our list of best hiking belts.
This product is quite comfortable, durable and reliant. This model mentioned right here is perfect for both boys and men.
It comes in six different and unusual shades namely- Black, Navy, Khaki, Red, Brown, Beige, Charcoal, and Green. We understand these are not the colors
grown-ups would opt for but for younger boys or ones who do not mind a variety of colors in their wardrobe they can pick one from this collection.
Another unique thing about this web belt that we wouldn’t be able to say about others in this list is that it is a “one-size” belt.
Hence, it is not just you who can adjust it to the perfect fit but you can share it with your brother or son as well.
That being said, when you buy this web belt you need not worry about any exchange or return since the only size available is going to fit you perfectly.
Some other features of the Columbia adjustable web belt are:
- 100% cotton material has been used in making the strap.
- Belt closure for the perfect and comfortable fit.
- Quality: Coming from the house of Columbia you should not have any second thoughts about the quality of their products and their adjustable military web belt falls in the same category.
- Comes in six different colours
- One size fits for all the adventure seekers out there
- Can be worn on adventure trips and daily outings as well
- Durable and sturdy
- 100% cotton material
- The buckle doesn’t last that long
- Little bulky
Mountain Khakis Men’s Webbing Belt
If you have done your fair share of research on best-hiking belts you would know that the Mountain Khakis webbing belt is the most talked about and popular one in this category and that is for several reasons.
With a 4.5 star rating on Amazon, this product has rarely disappointed its users.
It has been appreciated for its performance, looks, worth, and ease of usage. Mostly the belts in your list are made of nylon and this is yet one amongst them.
Made of 100% nylon material it claims to be lightweight, comfortable, and easy-dry.
Not just this, but it is also responsible for making it durable, long-lasting, and easy to carry weight.
In a lot of other web belts, customers complain that though the material is good quality, durable and all but the buckle is not up to the mark. Well, with this you don’t have to worry about that.
The buckle in this one is made up of stainless steel and a laser-etched logo that takes this ordinary-looking web belt to a whole new level.
The steel buckle also stands against corrosion and thus you can wear it anytime anywhere without the fear of it getting damaged or corroded. Other features of the popular hiking belts are:
- 100% nylon belt.
- 10” high.
- 8” wide.
- Stainless steel buckle with a laser-etched logo.
- 50” webbing
- Can be cut and then heat-sealed to fit perfectly
- Quick-dry and stain-resistant
- The buckle can be used to open bottle caps
- 11/2” wide
- Comes in eleven attractive designs and colors
- Nylon webbing
- Easy to dry
- Stainless steel buckle
- Can cause nickel-allergy
- The edge can be worn off too early
KLIK Belts Tactical Belt
The earlier mentioned recommendations in our list of best-hiking belts were a blend of affordability, performance, comfort, and all those good things. But, we thought why not mention something worth a splurge?
We know how people are crazy for the best-in-class and expensive-looking apparels and gears. Well, this one might put a stop to your search.
The Cobra 2-Ply Quick Release Klik Belt is all that you need for your daily and adventurous outings.
It has an outstanding appearance, performance, comfort and we do not see any reason why it is not worth the money you are paying.
The features of one of the best belt for hiking pants are mentioned below:
- Strong and durable: Just a feel of this belt is enough to make you believe the best-quality components that have been put together to create this piece. With a width of 1.5″ these are just the perfect tactical belts for both men and women and their business, brunch or hiking days.
- Quick-release Buckle: The buckle that comes with this belt is a quick-release one and can handle the weight. At first glance, it might look an elegant and classic piece but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a tough one. The company assures you of it being a heavy-duty quick-release buckle.
- Nylon-belt: The nylon material that has been used in the making of this Tactical Belt is of premium quality that doesn’t compromise with comfort or looks. During different physical activities or running and crouching the belt won’t slip off or loosen making it just the perfect hiking belt for all your adventures.
- Aluminium Alloy: While our previous recommendation featured a stainless steel buckle the Cobra 2-Ply Quick Release Klik Belt has taken the game up a notch with the 7075 aluminium alloy and solid brass release clips.
The company claims that with these features it is perfect for policemen, military people, and astronauts as well.
- Lightweight aluminum buckles
- Comfortable belt
- Expensive than others
- With the width, it might not loop through small loops
Arcade Heavy Duty Elastic Webbing Belts for Men
Until now, we have discussed a total of eight best hiking belts in this list but we bet nothing can be as good looking as the one we are about to review now. This is the Arcade Heavy Duty Elastic Webbing Belt.
As the name suggests there is more to it than just the appearance. Well, that is certainly true.
With an elastic strap that is made up of lightweight nylon material, this is the third recommendation when it comes to one-size-fits-all.
In the previous recommendation, there were chances that it might not fit in certain small loops but this one surely does. Moreover, the buckle here is again metal-free and lightweight.
This fact makes it machine washable as well without posing any threat to your washing machine. Some other features of this belt are mentioned below:
- Built for movements, comfort, and function
- Non-metal buckles
- 1.5 inch in width
- Can withstand a clothing-dryer as well
- Micro-adjustable buckle
- Fits for sizes up to 40″
- Machine washable
- Elastic nylon webbing for that perfect comfortable fit
- Amazing design
- Easy to clean, wash and dry
- The non-metal buckle makes it easier to travel with
- Available in thirteen different colours
- Not a heavy-duty belt
HOANAN Heavy Duty Thick Nylon Web Belts
This is a pack of two tactical belts set for those who are looking for some affordable yet one of the best hiking belts. About this, though it comes at an affordable price it doesn’t compromise with the quality, comfort and performance of the equipment.
Both of the belts that come in the package are of the same quality but different colors.
These colors can be chosen from- Black and Black, Black and Brown, Black and Coffee, Black and Grey and Black and Black and Blue.
You can choose your favourite combinations from the above mentioned five options.
But, we must say that the colors they have chosen are worth buying and something that we all love.
These aren’t some bright colours because practically no one wears it but these are some classic yet different shades. Some of the features of the belt are mentioned below:
- Durable buckle: The buckle that comes with it is lightweight, nickel-free, anti-allergic, wear-resistant, sturdy, and durable. Due to the metal-free aspect, they are perfect to travel with as well.
- Nylon strap: This kind of nylon webbing does not require any holes to adjust the belt. The nylon material, however, is pretty lightweight, quick-dry, and comfortable.
- Versatile: Though they are priced at a much cheaper rate than others in the list these tactical belts can be worn by both men and women and on any occasion whatsoever. Be it an afternoon brunch, formal business meeting, or a road trip with your friends.
- Heavy duty: These nylon straps can withstand up to 500 kgs of weight without any damage or harm to the product itself. That being said they are ideal for professionals such as policemen, firefighters, electricians, utility workers, etc.
- Metal-free buckle
- Nylon webbing
- Not the best in design and appearance
- Looks cheap
With this, we come to the end of our list of best hiking belts and recommendations for the best hiking belts. We will be wrapping up with them and giving you our final verdict in a while.
Health Benefits of Hiking
But before we do that, it is really important to know why we are talking about hiking and the equipment you need.
You see, most of the other adventure sports are attempted for fun and experience but hiking is one such activity that has a list of benefits as well. Isn’t that intriguing?
So, this is where we kill that curiosity and tell you some of the benefits of hiking:
- Fitness: Well, fitness we all want to achieve and for that, we try and do a lot of things. Exercises, different types of sports activities, gym and whatnot. But what if you can attain fitness and build muscles even while travelling and exploring different terrains and places. So, this is one of the primary benefits of hiking where you can build overall fitness.
- Lose weight: This is another achievement we all wish for. Not denying the fact that extra weight comes with a lot of problems and diseases. Supposedly, hiking can help you burn 440 to 550 calories per hour. Isn’t that great? This achievement by hiking is way more than any of the exercises or running on the treadmill not to forget the beautiful views and scenes.
- Makes you creative: This isn’t a thing about hiking but travelling in any form benefits both body and mind. Hiking and visiting new places, exploring them makes you more creative and even gives you a better and fresh perspective to look at things.
- Improves blood pressure: Diseases related to heart and hypertension are very common these days. But, if you can improve your cardiovascular health and improve your blood pressure with some hiking, fun and adventure what better than that?
Similarly, there are a lot of other benefits of hiking.
If you see it as any other physical activity you will notice that the health benefits are all because you have to cover a fair amount of distance in the required amount of time and fight your body and ability to do that.
You cannot give up and can only move forward. About the mental benefits, we know those are true for sure.
Hence, this is all we would like to share about hiking and the tools and equipment you need for the same. We tried and put together ten of the best hiking belts that you should invest in.
We must say that we have tried to incorporate products of all types of brands, price and performance.
There were some which would help you to pass the airport security checks while others which came with better options such as aluminium or stainless steel buckle.
All of the products mentioned above are different and unique in their way.
But our personal favourite has to be the NIKE Men’s Tech Essentials Web Black Belt and then the HOANAN Heavy Duty Thick Nylon Web Belts which have two different belts in different colours and who doesn’t like extra?
That being said, you are free to make your call and go ahead and buy the one that suits your needs and expectations. The final call has to be yours.