Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE is a Home Gym equipment that has caught eyes of each and every fitness freak. This power rod gym machine has got n number of exercise options, so with this equipment there is no end to list of exercises one can perform.
Today we are here for this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Review because this gym is a well-known machine and a huge amount is to be paid to bring it Home Gym, thus it is important to know if this machine is worth the hype or not.
Here in this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Review we will talk about its specifications, features, functions, PROs and CONs and then finally arrive to the conclusion of the review.
Before starting with Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Review let us first discuss about Bowflex as a company.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Review
Bowflex is a well-known brand that manufactures many fitness training equipment. It was established in 1986 and since then it is marketed and sold by Nautilus, Inc.
It manufactures products like max trainer, Home Gym, Treadclimber, treadmill, lateral, Selecttech, HVT, elliptical, and other gym accessories. So basically Bowflex offers several options for fitness training equipment.
With its wide range of products and high-quality equipment Bowflex has made its mark in the fitness market.
We are here for Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Review because this machine is a dream come true for all fitness freaks who just cannot get enough of challenging exercises.
With more than 70 exercise options this machine is made for those who like to keep challenging themselves thus this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review was much needed.
People do ignore specifications sometimes however we do know it plays a key role in decision making thus in this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review we will emphasize on the specification and dimensions of Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym.
|Dimensions||53 ” x 49″ x 83.25″|
|Workout area||8″ x 6.5″|
|Machine’s Weight||185 lbs (84 kg)|
|Maximum weight capacity||300 lbs (136 kg)|
|Warranty||Machine: 7 years, Power Rod: Lifetime|
The frame is sturdy and of high built quality. It itself weighs 84 kg, which is quite impressive since many other machines do go beyond this number.
It comes with a maximum weight capacity of 300 lb which is 136 kg, this isn’t a surprising weight capacity but is still good enough.
It can accommodate people of varied sizes easily thus is a considerable option for most people.
The body of Bowflex is quite compact, which means it can fit into small places too.
Even if we talk about its height, Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE height is not too high and can easily fit in a room. It consists of power rods these power rods provide resistance and are built of high-quality material.
Features are the reason why people agree to pay such a hefty amount for a fitness machine that can be bought at half the price. It is that one thing that sets a product apart from another thus no Bowflex Xtreme Reviews can miss it.
There are plenty of features that make the workout experience more comfortable. Firstly it has a quick-change system, how? Well, the pulley system does not require any adjustments with cables while the exercise change.
So there is no added work for the user and the user can simply concentrate on the exercise rather than on the pulley system. So instead of making adjustments manually that takes a lot of time it uses the no-change cable pulley system, this gym allows you to dedicate more time to the workout.
This Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym targets every muscle group, be it lats, chest, shoulder, legs, and arms.
It comes with an integrated lat tower with an angled lat bar. This lat bar helps in focusing on building back and shoulder muscles. It comes with ab crunch shoulder harness and a squat bar as well and there is an option to add 2 more attachments that are preacher curl and Gym Style Ab crunch.
Since this fitness machine totally ditches free weights it is a lot less risky than the fitness machines that come with free weights for resistance. The power rods that provide resistance to this Home Gym offers adjustable resistance.
The handle grip is a 5-way handgrip this allows natural movement that might vary from person to person and also adds to the flexibility. It also offers 5-way ankle cuffs so one can choose the handgrip and ankle cuff according to the requirement, comfort or focus area. So basically there is the endless scope of customization.
As we have mentioned in the starting the main reason we are here for this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Review is the fact that it offers whooping 70+ exercises.
So there is no way we are not talking about this in detail since it is a huge advantage that comes with this machine.
Out of these over 70 exercises there a total of 24 exercises that focus on arms, 10 focus on legs, 16 of the total exercise options focus on the back and the left 3 exercise abdomen.
The switch between the exercises happens very smoothly and swiftly so there is no sudden change.
With this number of exercise options available, one thing is quite sure, you aren’t getting bored because of a monotonous exercise routine anytime soon.
It is challenging and exciting to sit on this machine and workout. 70+ exercises are something that you will hardly find on any other gym machine so it obviously is something to look forward to, and worth the money.
This machine has a good resistance thus we have to mention it here in this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review.
Prepare yourself for a change if you are about to buy this product since it does not work like a free weight machine.
Bowflex Xtreme SE supports Power Rod resistance which is equally favored and disliked and we totally respect the reasoning of both the parties.
However, we just can’t get over its advantages. This Bowflex power rod offers 210 pounds of resistance.
If you find 210 pounds of resistance to less you can simply add 100 or 200 pounds resistance. However, this addition is obviously going to cost some extra money.
The resistance in this machine increases gradually, so basically when you start with a workout in this machine it will start with minimal resistance and will finally reach the set resistance after 2-3 movements.
Since the resistance is power rod-based so there are no free weights the weight of the machine is extremely light. Lack of actual weights helps in avoiding several joint and muscle injuries too which is another major benefit of this machine.
However, one thing we should bring in light is that the resistance of the rod is uncertain and totally depends upon the usage, therefore it might vary according to the use of the rods.
Regular use of the machine means frequent wear and tear which means early replacement of rods. So the rods are not an onetime investment, since it loses its resistance gradually, which is not good news and is a negative point for this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review.
Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym comes with clear instructions that can be followed for assembling the product.
The instructions can be easily understood however Bowflex 2 Xtreme still takes quite a lot of time to assemble.
It might require around 3-4 hours to assemble and one might need some help as well.
PROs & CONs
So now we have arrived at a major aspect of our Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review and that is its PROs and CONs. Every coin has two sides, so does Bowflex Xtreme SE, it might be a great gym product but still is not perfect and does have some issues. Here we will mention its top positive and negative sides that might make or break the deal.
- Exercise options: Of course, this had to be the topmost point on the PRO side of the gym equipment. With over 70 exercises this machine is enough challenging for anyone. It focuses on each and every body part so with this gym machine you simply will not miss out anything and that is quite sure.
- Full body workout: What can one expect from a gym that provides 70+ workout options? There is no doubt it provides full-body workout thus it is an all in one gym. Bowflex Xtreme 2SE workouts list is endless, with the help of several adjustments one can customize any workout according to the preference.
- Quick change system: Well, another advantage we can’t afford to miss is its quick-change system. The switch of exercise happens within no time yet is quite smooth. So this machine will not take any time to set up for another exercise. Instead, it eliminates the extra effort with its quick-change system. So a big thumbs up for this feature.
- Warranty: Bowflex offers impressive warranty period. The machine is covered for 7 years from any damage and the power rods are covered for a lifetime, but here is the trick Bowflex does not cover its power rods from the usual wear and tear so basically due to its wear and tear one will have to spend his money to buy new rods within 3-4 years.
- Ergonomic design: It has an extremely ergonomic design. Even the bench that comes with Bowflex 2 Xtreme SE is quite comfortable. So one can work for hours on this machine without feeling any pressure on joint or muscles.
- Power Rods: We already mentioned it before, the rods can be a major disappointment since they do face wear and tear. With regular use of this gym, the rods lose their resistance thus require replacement within 4-5 years.
- Assembly: Even though it comes with clear cut instruction yet the assembling part does take a lot of time and can be hectic. It might even take over 4 hours if one is totally naive. Since assembling Bowflex 2 Xtreme SE can be extremely cumbersome, it definitely is something that should be added to its negative side.
- Resistance: Resistance is one big deal in this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review and this product does offer great resistance. However, its resistance system has one big backside. What’s that backside? Well, it gives resistance only when the user does the pushing part, there is absolutely no resistance when the user brings it back near to his or her body.
- Power Rod warranty: The overall warranty period of Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym is pretty well however its power rod warranty is hard of any use. Why? Well even though it is of high quality it does loses its resistance gradually thus if used frequently one might need to change the power rods within 4-5 years.
- Price: Price plays a key role in any review so does it here in this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review. The sad news is its price falls on the expensive side. This Bowflex 2 Xtreme SE asks for a big amount and we totally understand why since it is a great gym and good things ask for good money but its price definitely is a drawback since for many users who look out for budget gym, this can’t be an option to look forward to.
So here is the end of our Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review and we are ending this review on a positive note. And why not? It gives us all reasons to simply love it.
It is one of the Best Home Gym that Bowflex has ever brought to the market and we totally understand why there is no end to the list of Bowflex Xtreme 2 Reviews. Its power rod resistance is extremely convenient and it is only because of its power rod system that this Home Gym weighs this less.
Even though its price might be quite high for many of us but it still deserves the amount for its undeniably high quality and unmatchable features. However, it is totally fine if you can’t invest this large amount of money for Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym since there are many other options available that can offer somewhat similar features at an extremely low price.
Features like the quick-change system that basically does not require any change in the cable pulley system is a great advantage of this gym and nobody else understands it better than a fitness freak who hates to waste his or her time on changing the setting to perform another workout.
This resistance training gym is highly versatile and offers more than 70 exercises too which other great news for every fitness enthusiast out there. Each and every muscle group can be targeted with this one single Home Gym. It targets areas like wrists, triceps, biceps, calves, hips and lowers back muscles too.
So with this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review one thing should be clear that this fitness machine is a great investment and will prove its worth. So basically this machine is going to serve you in the best way possible and give you an experience that is worth all those pennies.
- Total Gym XLS Review: A Complete Home Workout Machine?
- Stamina X Air Rower Review: Is it worth your $$$ or NOT?
- Schwinn GTX 3 Review: A detailed guide for making a smart buying decision.
- Schwinn Journey 4.5 Elliptical Review: Is it worth buying?
- Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review, Is it one of the best money can buy?
- Inspire Fitness FT2 Functional Trainer Review: Worth the HYPE?
- Proform 590T Treadmill Reviews: Is This Really Worth The Price?
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Is Bowflex a good home gym?
Yeah, Bowflex made very reliable and easy to use exercise machines, you can even store them easily. and the quality of the machines are too good.
Can you get ripped on a Bowflex?
Yes, you can if you maitain a good diet and take all kinds of your vitamins and minerals with good exercise routine, you can achieve a ripped body.
Which Bowflex home gym is the best?
It totally depends on your needs and budget, Bowflex made a lot of different exercise machines from which you can pick.
What is the difference between Bowflex Xtreme 2 and Xtreme 2 SE?
The first difference between these two machines are the pricing, Xtreme 2 SE is slightly costly than the other, and with 2 SE you can do 70 exercises, with the Xtreme 2 you can do only 65.