Are you confused between Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex and Fitbit Flex 2? These three watches are similar in many ways and that creates confusion among the users. And that is the reason today we are making this detailed Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex vs Fitbit Flex 2 comparison between these three fitness trackers.
They are actually so similar, one need not worry about a difference in feature set and pricing, but there is a big difference in usability. Since most people (I am not sure why) have only recently started using smartwatches, I think this post will be useful for you, as well as the next person who decides to buy a fitness tracker.
Fitbit is a very well known company in the fitness world, they make a lot of different kinds of fitness trackers, from basic ones to the latest ones, with tons of additional features. But this creates confusion among the users, and there is no good source for a quick comparison.
Fitness trackers not only track our fitness, but they can also do a lot more than this, and Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex and Fitbit Flex 2 are one of them. And today we are going to compare each and everything about these three trackers in our detailed comparison.
Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex vs Fitbit Flex 2
Fitbit is an American company, their headquarters are situated in San Francisco, California. Fitbit is founded by two guys named, James Park (CEO) and Eric Friedman (CTO) and it was founded on March 26, 2007.
Founded in 2007 by James Park and Eric Friedman. Fitbit is a company that manufactures an activity tracker. Its popular range of products include the Surge, Fitbit Charge HR and Flex, as well as many other wearable watches, activity trackers, and heart rate monitors. The founder of Fitbit, James Park, is the CEO. The founder of Fitbit, Eric Friedman, is the CTO.
And Fitbit is the third company in terms of sales of smartwatches and fitness trackers after Xiaomi and Apple. And Fitbit successfully sold around 100 million of fitness trackers and has 28 million users worldwide.
And they are now making a lot of different kinds of smart wearables from smartwatches to advanced fitness trackers.
And these three trackers Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex and Fitbit Flex 2 are of their first and oldest products that they are selling till this date, which makes it one of the most loved products of there all line of products.
You can get an idea about the three trackers with the help of a Fitbit comparison chart.
|Device||FItbit One||FItbit Flex||FItbit Flex 2|
|Release||September 2012||May 2013||2017|
|Box Items||Fitbit One Wireless Activity + Sleep Tracker, Clip, Wireless sync dongle, Sleep wristband, Charging cable||Flex tracker, Charging cable, Wireless sync dongle, Wristbands||Tracker, Charging cable, Small & large wristbands|
|Case Dimensions||0.2 x 0.8 x 2.2 inches||0.6 x 0.4 x 8.2 inches||10 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches|
|Weight||0.32 ounces or 9.07 grams||4 ounces or 113 grams||0.64 ounces or 18 grams|
|IP Rating||No IP Ratings||No IP Ratings||No IP Ratings|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof, not Water-resistant||Waterproof, not Water-resistant||Waterproof, not Water-resistant|
|Colors||Black, Burgundy||Black, Slate, Navy, Tangerine, Teal, Pink, Violet||Black|
|Other Information||Interchangeable Bands||Interchangeable Bands||Interchangeable Bands|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Compatibility||Android. iOS, Windows, Mac OS||Android. iOS, Windows, Mac OS||Android. iOS, Windows, Mac OS|
|Smartphone Companion App||Fitbit App, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness||Fitbit App, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness||Fitbit App, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness|
|Incoming Call Alert|
|Battery Life||7 - 10 days||7 - 10 days||5 days|
|Charging System||Magnetic Connector||Magnetic Connector||Magnetic Connector|
|No. of Reviews||14,662||18,369||3,472|
|Warranty||One Year||One Year||One Year|
Fitbit One Review
Fitbit One is one of the oldest Fitbit trackers that is sold to this date, and Fitbit One is first launched in September 2012. Fitbit One is a click-based fitness tracker that you can easily swap with any band that you want and it comes with a lot of features that are important for a fitness tracker. Fitbit device makes the companion app to it that uses GPS technology and can follow you around to track your activities and help you to focus on exercising and to achieve a better performance in your daily life.
- Body and Display: Fitbit One comes with an OLED display, which shows all the things like steps taken, calories burned, floors climbed, etc. It is a pretty small display but enough to see the data and time.
And the size of the Fitbit One is also small which makes it easy to clip that in your pocket or in a T-shirt or on a sports bra, it comes with a clip inside its box. The body of the tracker is made up of polycarbonate material and the straps are made up of silicone.
And the Fitbit One tracker is only 0.32 ounces or 9.07 grams in weight but it is not water-resistant, which means it is only sweat, rain and splash-proof. Fitbit One is available only in two colors i.e. Black, Burgundy.
- Fitness Tracker: Fitbit One comes with all kinds of fitness tracking features such as step counter, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, sleep tracker, active minutes. Fitbit One lacks a heart rate monitoring sensor and swim tracker.
And you can see all the details of your health on your mobile or on your PC, as it syncs all the data with the Fitbit App or with any other third-party app. You can also share your data with your friends as well from the Fitbit App. You can also set Silent alarms from your mobile app to the Fitbit One.
- Notifications and Battery: Fitbit One can also show you notifications of SMS and Incoming Call from your smartphone to your tracker, it can easily connect to your smartphone with the help of Bluetooth 4.0. And it can easily connect with many devices like Android. iOS, Windows, Mac OS and you can connect Fitbit One with many other third-party fitness applications like Fitbit App, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness.
Fitbit One comes with a Lithium-polymer battery that can easily last up to 7-10 days according to the company but according to our use, it lasts easily 5-6 days on a single charge. You can charge the Fitbit One to 100% in one and a half hours with the magnetic charging connector that comes with the box.
PROs and CONs
Fitbit Flex Review
Fitbit Flex is another fitness tracker and one of the first products of the Fitbit line up, Fitbit Flex is launched in May 2013. And it becomes a hit after its launch, you can see its popularity from its seller page.
Fitbit Flex got 18,000+ reviews and ratings. The Fitbit Flex comes inside a rubber band that can easily be replaced easily from the band.
- Body and Display: The body of the Fitbit Flex is made up of Elastomer, and the tracker weighs around 0.64 ounces or 18 grams, and Fitbit Flex is not water-resistant, it is only splash-proof. Fitbit Flex comes in seven different colors. But it doesn’t come with any kind of display. It only comes with five LED lights that are present on the front side of the tracker. The Fitbit Flex comes in Black, Slate, Navy, Tangerine, Teal, Pink, Violet.
- Fitness Tracker: Fitbit Flex is a great fitness tracker that can track all the things like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes. You can sync all the fitness data from your tracker to the smartphone to the PC with the help of a dongle that you can connect with the PC or Mac.
And to sync data to your smartphone, Fitbit Flex uses Bluetooth to connect with the Fitbit App or with any third party app like MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness.
- Notifications and Battery: Fitbit Flex comes with five LED lights in the front part of the tracker that can easily be used for getting notifications of Call and SMS and you can even set silent alarms from your smartphone to the tracker.
Fitbit Flex comes with a Lithium Polymer battery that can easily last up to 7-10 days according to the company, but according to our testing, the battery of the Flex lasts around 5-6 days on a single charge and can charge easily with one and half of charging. Fitbit Flex can be charged with the magnetic connector that comes with the box.
PROs and CONs
Fitbit Flex 2 Review
Fitbit Flex 2 is the latest among the three in this Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex vs Fitbit Flex 2 comparison, and it is not so popular as compared to the Fitbit One or Fitbit Flex. But they are good enough to do a separate review. They also have many great features.
- Body and Design: Fitbit Flex 2 is released in 2017, and it is a wristband style fitness tracker, you can take out the tracker and can put that on anything. The body of the band of the Fitbit Flex 2 is made up of Elastomer and it consists of five LED lights at the front of the tracker.
Fitbit Flex 2 weighs around 0.64 ounces or 18 grams, and it is not waterproof but you can still wear it while swimming and can track your laps and other essential things. You can even use Fitbit Flex 2 on rain as well. It only comes in one color which is Black. And it doesn’t have any buttons, you can see all the data from the app.
- Fitness Tracker: Fitbit Flex 2 has all the fitness tracker features that are needed for an average user. Fitbit Flex 2 can track distance, steps, swimming, active minutes, aerobic exercise, sleep, and calories burned. But it also lacks in some areas like it cannot collect the data of floors climbed.
And you can sync all the data wirelessly to your smartphone with the help of Bluetooth 4.0 and you can sync data to your Android, iOS, Windows and Mac OS and you can even share your health stats to the third-party applications, like Fitbit App, MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness.
- Notifications and Battery: Fitbit Flex 2 comes with five LED lights that show notifications. It can show you SMS alerts as well as Income call alerts with unique vibration patterns and you can even set silent alarms from your smartphone which is connected to the tracker.
Fitbit Flex 2 comes with Lithium Polymer battery that can easily last up to 5 days according to the company’s claim but in our testing, it lasts three and a half days on a single charge. And you can charge Fitbit Flex 2 to 100% in two hours of charge.
PROs and CONs
Here we are now at the end of the Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex vs Fitbit Flex 2. All three are best in their segment, but if you ask us which one is the best according to us, then we will say that you can go with the Fitbit Flex as it is waterproof and comes with additional features as well.
We compare Fitbit models in detail. Now pick your one. I think this comparison will give you answer of your question which Fitbit do I have?
But if you can increase your budget then Fitbit One is also a great option as it comes with an OLED display that can be helpful for some people as they don’t need to carry any other watch on their hands.
And if you don’t have a higher budget then the Fitbit Flex is also a great option as well. If you have any question regarding the Fitbit One vs Fitbit Flex vs Fitbit Flex 2 comparison you can comment down below.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How long do Fitbit's last?
-- All Fitbit watches have different sizes of battery but on average they can all last easily to days on a single charge.
Can you text on a Fitbit?
-- Yeah, but only in some devices, you cannot text in every tracker, only in advanced Fitbit Smartwatches.