There is a lot of confusion between the Garmin Smartwatches and this is the same with the Garmin 235 and 735 as well, and today we are doing a detailed Garmin 235 vs 735 comparison. We have covered comparison of many other Garmin Smartwatches here, and you can read those as well:
- Garmin 735 vs 935: One is Definitely Better than other
- Suunto 9 vs Garmin Fenix 5: Which Smartwatch you need?
From the moment you wake up till you hit the bed, your mind, body, and soul is on the move, and sometimes this nightmare follows you in your sleep too! It’s hard to keep track of everything when your mind is being pulled in 10 different directions constantly.
And that takes a toll on our efficiency, health, and peace of mind. Such a scenario makes having technology that can trace your every move an absolute relief. Running is one fitness sport that requires no such heavy equipment other than a pair of comfortable shoes, and you are good to go for a long run or jog.
However, with the advancement of technology, things have started to evolve. Running too has emerged as one of the most preferred modes of keeping fit and so have the types of equipment needed before you start your run. The launch of fitness watches changed the entire game around running, and also they quickly gained popularity among the masses.
Call it a sports watch, activity tracker or fitness band, long story short: it makes your life simple. These watches have special sensors that keep track of each activity you perform and also the ones you don’t from your steps to your heart rate and all the way down to your sleep-wake cycle. It is one thing that is indispensable for athletes and something all others wish to inculcate in their lives.
Garmin is an American tech brand that is nailing the fitness game with their products all across the world. At their pinnacle is their range of smartwatches two of which have caught our eye and which we will be discussing in detail: Garmin Forerunner 235 and Garmin Forerunner 735XT.
Both these products have been in the market for more than 3-4 years and are still among the top-ranking fitness trackers on sites like Amazon even when there are many new options that have surfaced in the last few years.
It definitely causes confusion in a prospective buyers’ mind on which product you should get for yourself and raises questions about whether the product is actually as good as the brand boasts. This review will run you through some facts to help decide which is better, the Garmin Forerunner 235 vs 735.
Garmin 235 vs 735
The recent hype about smartwatches has made many people other than athletes to consider buying them to up their fitness game. In times like today when health is greatly under siege, people find it necessary to be able to keep track of their movement and heart rate on the go.
Garmin is a leading brand for smartwatches. It has a vast range of products from high end to affordable ones, they have something for everyone.
They have found immense likeability in the market for their products over the last 3-4 years and have created a dedicated fan base for their commitment towards providing the best and latest technology in their watches.
We will talk about the best inline the Garmin Forerunner 235 vs 735 thoroughly, their features and bummers, and everything in between.
The two have a lot in common so we’re gonna go through their specs, PROs, and CONs and find out what makes them different and then finally decide who is the actual frontrunner: Garmin 235 or 735.
|Garmin 235||Garmin 735|
|Dimensions||45 x 45 x 11.7 mm||44.5 x 44.5 x 11.9 mm|
|Weight||42 grams||40.2 g (1.4 oz)|
|Display||31.1 mm||31.2 mm|
|Resolution||215 x 180 Pixels||215 x 180 pixels|
|Battery Life||5 Weeks (GPS On) / 16 Hours (GPS Off)||UltraTrac mode – 24 hours, Watch Mode – 11 days|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
|More Information||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
Garmin Forerunner 235 Review
Garmin 235 was released at the end of the year 2015 and still holds the no. 7 position in Running Heart rate monitors and no. 2 in running GPS units on Amazon Bestseller. It has a whopping 4.3 stars out of 5 ratings on Amazon with 2421 ratings standing as a proof for its likeability.
In this Garmin 235 review, we feature its specs and features to help you decide whether you should put your money into it or is it not worth how much it boasts.
Design: The watch is designed to be perfect for runners but packs a lot of other features equipped to help common people as well. It has a circular display of 1.23 inches in diameter with 215 x 180 pixels screen resolution.
This gives you a very crisp and clear view of the watch at all angles. It seems like the perfect size for both male and female users and looks very sleek on the wrist.
To add to that it is still very lightweight and comfortable on your wrist, it’s almost as if there’s nothing on your hand which is definitely a plus if you’re going to wear it around the clock.
The watch has a pretty good user interface with bezels on the side for the control function.
You can connect the watch to its app and save all the details of your track and access it anytime. Some might question its durability as it is made of plastic but it claims to be shock resistant.
Battery: The brand claims to have a battery life of 12 weeks in watch mode and 12 hours in training mode and the watch actually gives a somewhat similar output. Such a battery backup is pretty satisfactory given its features and size. You will have no problem with the Garmin 235 battery life.
But it doesn’t have a removable battery like the Garmin Forerunner 735, but you can easily recharge it with the proprietary battery charging connector. And it also doesn’t have solar charging features as well.
There are tons of feature-packed within the Garmin 235, some of which are enlisted below:
- The Garmin Forerunner 235 tracks time, pace, heart rate, distance, and also keep a record of your daily steps, distance covered, calories, and sleep-wake routine.
- Garmin 235 is able to track indoor exercise when you’re running on a treadmill indoors with no distance change.
- Through Garmin Connect, one can access features such as live tracking, audio prompts, smart notifications, and social media sharing.
- All your data is in your pocket as you can download data fields, watch faces, widgets, and applications from Connect IQ
- It has eleven hours of uninterrupted battery life.
- Bluetooth connection feature.
- Customizable watch face and band.
- Charging cradle is made available without any extra charges.
- The watch comes with its accessories, and customers do not have to pay separately for them. The accessories include- band and a charging cable.
- The smartwatch weighs around 42g with some customers calling it to be almost feather-light. This is a little surprising as the watch has several features and options all within it and yet it weighs so low.
- Customers reported that the battery of the watch is long-lasting, 11 hours after continuous usage and nine days otherwise
- The band is made up of silicon, which helps in keeping the wrists cool without sliding or providing discomfort to the runner. They make this watch to be suitable to be worn outside even when not running.
- The Garmin Connect application feature in this watch helps people keep track of their smartphones too.
- The watch provides advanced workout options and training schedules for beginners.
- The watch comes with advanced features that help a runner keep track of his daily movements. These include- step counter, move bar, auto-goal reminders, and sleep monitoring feature.
- The watch comes with plenty of basic features like an alarm clock; Connect IQ, time and date feature, automatic daylight savings time, and GPS time sync option.
- The watch ranks high in terms of durability. The glass face is strong and well protected. The watch is water-resistant with an ATM rating of 5.
- The Garmin 235 watch has above average connectivity with Garmin Connect.
- It comes with a warranty card and refund/return details
This watch model by Garmin goes beyond what other fitness watch brands are offering.
Since the watch monitors speed, distance, heart rate along with time, it is efficient enough to be used during activities other than running, which include- while riding a bike, simple brisk walking, slow jogging, and even sleeping. Its waterproof exterior makes it suitable to be worn during swimming as well.
Many customers have used Garmin 235 for high-intensity training exercises too. However, there are some issues regarding heart rate monitoring accuracy.
In such a case, if the customers need accurate heart rate details, it is advisable that they should use a chest strap which goes well with Garmin 235. The watch is compatible to use with MyFitnessPal, and this makes it a top must buy fitness watch for 2020.
Customers consider this watch model to be quite attractive and well designed. Garmin 235 is available in 3 main colors- black, red, and forested blue. It is not too heavy to wear and comes in a sleek design, making it suitable to be worn during extensive training sessions too without feeling much bulk.
The diameter is 1.7 inches, and the thickness is kept at 0.46 inches. The display has already garnered enough positive Garmin 235 reviews for being apt to be used in extreme sunlight and for being better than the earlier models. The face of the Garmin 235 watch definitely scores higher than its previous models.
The screen has two buttons on the side to control activities. The resolution is crisp and has an LCD screen. Overall the look of the watch is quite appealing and eye-catching.
The Garmin Forerunner 235 best price can be found on Amazon, till right now, but we will provide links to all the online stores where you can find these easily. It is available £229.00 onwards.
The price might seem to be a little on the expensive side at first, but upon comparing it with other brand watches in the market, it seems well justified.
Besides, Garmin 235 is a durable, well-functioning watch that has featured in the top 100 best fitness watches in almost all experts’ lists.
- Functional Heart rate monitor
- Excellent form factor
- Value for money
- The Garmin 235 is an extremely lightweight watch
- Garmin 235 long-lasting battery life
- Easy to replace bands
- The watch has an excellent display feature
- Accurate detailing and calculation of heat rate, GSP, speed, and distance
- Garmin 235 has the auto stop feature
- The product offers several other features like the calendar, camera remote, and weather
- Plastic feel
- Cannot perform many activities
- Uncomfortable heart monitor
- Many customers felt that the watch has a lot of features and data, thus making it difficult to manage by those who were new into the world of smartwatches
- The watch has no option to play music
Garmin Forerunner 735 Review
Garmin has launched several customer-friendly products but it’s Garmin Forerunner 735 till date remains the best product launched by Garmin. With time this watch has come to be considered amongst the best triathlon watches by Garmin. Let’s get straight into our Garmin 735 Review.
But in reality, Garmin Forerunner 735XT is a multifunctioning watch that can be equally beneficial or put to good use while running or cycling. This is definitely the watch fitness enthusiasts prefer to use as it is feature-rich and offers a lot many advanced options for use.
Garmin 735 is a multisport watch in the market since 2016 which has established its own fan base with a total of 4.4 stars out of 5 on Amazon with 1025 ratings as of 25th April 2020. Around 70% of its users have given the watch a full 5-star rating. But does it check all the boxes and is it value for the money it costs?
Design: One of the most appreciated features of this watch is the look that it provides. It is not the heaviest watch available in the market and offers some admirable features in its tiny frame. It is stylish and can be worn even on casual outings.
The watch comes in two colors- black and frost blue, with the latter being more popular with the public. The straps are wide enough to provide comfort and can be worn for a long time without feeling any strain. Comparing the straps with the rest of the smartwatches in the market, Garmin 735XT stands out.
The watch has a transflective screen, thus, making use of all the available light to brighten up the screen. This provides enough light on your screen and makes visibility easier during the night time also.
Its straps are comfortable on the wrist and easy to maneuver. It has a pretty good resolution considering the battery life that it promises with a transflective screen which further increases the clarity of the screen.
Battery: One questionable feature that still remains is the fact that it is made of plastic which raises concerns regarding its durability.
The best part of the watch is perhaps its huge battery life with a claim of up to 11 days in smartwatch mode up to 14 hours in GPS mode and in UltraTrac mode- up to 24 hours without wrist heart rate. Once fully charged, you won’t have to recharge for a week according to regular users.
This Garmin Forerunner 735XT review will focus on every point necessary to consider before buying it to help you know better about the product and whether or not it’s meant for you.
This watch is not only beneficial for running but also cycling, swimming, and hiking, or in fact everything at once. It is the brand’s best triathlon watch and is definitely one of the dedicated pieces of tech considering its features.
The watch has a slim and sleek design with a 1.23-inch display. Let’s face it, it’s not the most lightweight smartwatch but for the features that it packs, it is not bulky like triathlon watches are.
Garmin Forerunner 735 GPS is perhaps one of the best in their line with mind-blowing accuracy and is considered even better than Garmin’s higher range products. To put all its features into perspective, here are the Garmin 735 specs and the description of some striking features:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Advanced Running Dynamics
- Clear screen resolution
- Sleek design and upgraded look
- Lightweight and non-bulky.·
- The battery life lasts for about 11 hours and continues to stay up even after a six-hour-long run.
- The GPS accuracy of this model is much better than most other Garmin models which are higher priced than this one.
- One fact which was loved by customers was that this model does not come with a touchscreen feature. This makes it easier for them to use it as they can press buttons easily while running without the need to look at the screen.
- It has the HRV feature. This is an excellent feature provided by the watch. It makes you aware of your body’s reaction and cycle during running. Lets you gain insight into details like the amount of oxygen used at the start of the run versus the amount used at the end.
- Garmin 735 provides the notification feature, which lets you see what all notifications you have got without having to open any app.
The watch is multifunctional and can be used in other activities and exercises other than running. The watch can be used for swimming, walking, marathons, and triathlons. When it comes to swimming, the watch has pre-enabled drills, which will benefit drill-based swimmers.
It also provides the option to add rests on being used later. However, users must remember to press the ends tightly or else the watch will showcase incorrect length transitions.
The watch offers excellent visibility, even underwater, and the buttons do not require much pushing. It comes to other activities like cycling; the watch is almost faultless in its service and has garnered excellent reviews from several users in this department.
Garmin watch is available at a price of £299.99. But during sale offers, its price might reduce. You can check the latest price of this smartwatch from the button provided below.
- Huge Battery life
- Excellent GPS accuracy
- Connect IQ and the app has very useful widgets and other features with a great user interface
- Multisport functionality
- Uses loads of data readings
- It has lots of beneficial metrics
- Easy to use buttons and features
- HRV (heart rate variability) tracking feature
- Garmin Connect makes things easier
- Easy to learn and operate user- interface
- Commendable notification pop-up feature
- It has excellent advanced features like- sleep tracker, activity counter, and calorie intake feature
- The watch works well with MyFitnessPal
- It is made of plastic which might not be likable for all
- The fitness tracker could be better
- Heart rate sensors have been found dysfunctional by many users
- Many users found the tracker to be late in giving its readings, and at times they turned out to be inaccurate
If you want multi-sport functionality then the choice becomes very clear as it is one feature that sets the two watches apart. If you require the watch only for the purpose of running then maybe you should opt for the 235 watches as it is also on the lower price end.
Other than that there are still many differences between the Garmin 235 and Garmin 735XT which in a way stand to prove which one is better. Enlisted below are some features that the Garmin 235 lacks which the Garmin 735XT is equipped with:
- Wrist-based heart rate
- Stress Score
- Strava Suffer score
- Virtual Pacer
- Advanced Running Dynamics
- 3h longer battery life
- Has a compass
- 1.8g lighter
- Has multi-sport mode
- Has trackback mode
- Supports ANT
The Garmin 235 price is obviously much more affordable as compared to the 735XT with around a $100 difference between the two. But the features that the latter have definitely accounted for its price making it value for the money.
The Garmin 235 vs 730XT comparison revealed that although it has a fewer number of ratings the 735XT has 4.4 stars on 5 which is more than the 235 models. On the other hand, Garmin 235 has at NO. 3 ranking in amazon bestseller in running GPS units whereas the 735XT stands at no.12.
What’s the difference between Garmin Forerunner 235 and 735XT?
Garmin 235 is more popular and more affordable than the 735XT, but in terms of features the Garmin 735XT has lot more features than the 235, the battery backup of 235 is better than the 735XT, but the weight of 735XT is lighter than the 235.
Is the Garmin Forerunner 735XT touch screen?
No, the Garmin 735XT is not a touchscreen smartwatch, you have to use the buttons to operate the menu.
Is forerunner 735XT waterproof?
Yes, it is, it comes with 5ATM of water-resistant rating, which means the watch will be fine for about 50 meters of depth for 30 minutes.
Does the Garmin 735XT track sleep?
Yes, it comes with sleep tracking feature, and you can use it for all the tracking of your sleep.