Nautilus has been making exercise or gym equipments from a very long time, they made many types of exercise machines and Elliptical are one of them, today we are going to review one of the most popular and budget-friendly Elliptical machines.
And that is Nautilus E614 Elliptical. We are going to discuss each and everything about this machine in detail in our Nautilus E614 Elliptical Review.
Elliptical was introduced in the 1990s as low-intensity exercise equipment for cardio exercises. There are many misconceptions about elliptical which makes it the most side-eyed equipment. Studies show that elliptical has many benefits while working out your upper and lower body.
High-intensity workouts can hamper your joints in the long run but using an elliptical will prevent damage to your knees since it provides low-intensity workouts.
They provide a good aerobic workout for even people having physical limitations such as aging joints, arthritis, etc. preventing the higher chance of injury due to high impact workouts.
Elliptical is a pull/push movement-based equipment that synchronizes legs and arms of the user simultaneously which leads to maximizing a dual-action movement and reverse pedaling of the elliptical works on calves and hamstrings.
Elliptical targets both lower and upper body but typically targets hamstrings, calves, glutes, anterior tibialis, and quadriceps. Elliptical comes with handles and pedals which imparts the dual-action workout by mimicking the natural motion of legs and arms.
There are many benefits of using elliptical such as low impact workout through an elliptical movement which decreases the strain and stress on the legs, natural movement of the body during the workout on elliptical, offers weight-bearing exercises which are useful in hindering the inception of osteoporosis, works on many muscles groups such as glutes, triceps, etc. in the upper and lower body simultaneously which leads to losing more calories in less time.
One can install elliptical at home as it does not take up much space, requires less maintenance due to fewer moving parts and it offers the same type of cardio workout of running outdoors, treadmill or a stationary bike by simulating body movements naturally. One can find many elliptical options within a varying range of prices.
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Review
Nautilus E614 is a very famous and popular elliptical machine among the people who want a good and sturdy elliptical machine which is not so costly and has all kinds of essential and important things that are necessary for a good home workout.
But E614 also comes with some disadvantages and today we are going to show you about that as well in our detailed Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer Review. Nautilus owns a lot of brands that make similar kinds of products like these, and the names of those companies are Schwinn, Bowflex, Universal.
We also covered reviews of some of their popular elliptical machines, you can read them out also if you want:
- ProForm 440R Rower Review: Is its popularity justified?
- Proform 550R Rower Review: Worth UPGRADE or PURCHASE?
- Gazelle Edge Review: Understanding if it is worth every penny spent
- Schwinn Journey 4.5 Elliptical Review: Is it worth buying?
Before starting our Nautilus E614 Elliptical Review, let's see some specifications of Nautilus E614, and then we will proceed further in our Nautilus E614 Elliptical Review.
71.5” x 26.7” x 63.2”
User Weight Capacity
300 lbs (135 kg)
Assembled Product Weight
167.3 lbs (75.9 kg)
Frame: 10 years, Parts: 2 years, Electronics: 1 year
Before buying anything we all read about its features and advantages that makes it great among other similar kinds of products, and Nautilus E614 also has the features that make it stand out among the competition.
- Exercise Programs: Nautilus E614 comes with 22 different kinds of exercise programs from which you can choose whatever you want, 8 of them are heart rate control, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start and 2 custom programs that you can customize according to your needs and requirements.
- Resistance: Nautilus E614 uses Eddy current for creating magnetic resistance and making the workout more challenging and tough, and it comes with 20 levels of resistance. And Nautilus E614 also comes with 6 different levels of inclination that can be used to create variations in exercise. But you need to set the inlcine level by yourself, as it has no setting for changing inclination level.
It also has 20 inches of precision path stride length that helps in creating a natural motion while working out. And it also comes with large sized foot pads that can easily be fitted to anyone.
- Display: Nautilus E614 also comes with a dual-track two LCD displays and a media shelf, so that you can carry iPads, books or magazines there, it also has a USB port to charge up your mobiles and tablets. And comes with built-in speakers that can entertain you while working out. And also comes with built-in fans to cool you down with three different speeds.
And you can easily move the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer with the help of two transport wheels that come at the front of the machine. And the computer of the Nautilus E614 can track many things like time, distance covered, level, RPM, calories burned and Heart Rate.
- Assembly: Nautilus E614 Elliptical trainer doesn’t come in a one piece, you have to assemble it by yourself, they provided a proper guide to make the assembly process easy, but if you haven’t done any type of assembly before then this might be a pain in the ass.
As it comes with a lot of different parts and pieces, but you don’t have to worry about assembling the resistance and drive system, as it comes pre-assembled. The weight of the Nautilus E614 machine is around 160 lbs. The guide that comes with the machine has complete instructions and graphical design to let you know what fits where.
- Maintenance: Every machine requires maintenance, and Nautilus E614 is no different, you need to do regular and weekly maintenance to keep the machine running. It comes with daily and weekly maintenance, like in daily wise, you need to keep a check that no part is broken or in the process of breaking and after completing the workout you need to wipe the machine with a clean cloth.
And in weekly checking, check the rollers are working fine, and apply some lubrication to the joints so that it can reduce the unwanted vibrations and frictions. And also keep the rollers and rails clean with the help of a damp cloth. And also check that the bolts are tight and in their places.
- Warranty: Nautilus E614 comes with 10 years of Frame warranty, 2 years of warranty on parts, 1 year on electronics, and 90 days on Labour. And the user weight capacity of Nautilus E614 is 300 lbs or 136 kgs.
PROs & CONs
Nautilus E614 elliptical machines have their features, there are some advantages as well as some problems, as we promised that we will also address the problems in our article of Nautilus E614 Elliptical Review. This will help you in deciding whether to buy Nautilus E614 or not?
Nothing is perfect in this world and this same applies to the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer. It also got some of its flaws and issues. There are not so many issues or problems with this machine but there are some and we are about that. But first, let’s see the advantages of the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer.
After seeing all the things about the Nautilus E614, we reached the end of our Review of Nautilus E614 Elliptical and now we can say that Nautilus E614 is a great elliptical machine which is priced decently and has all the essential features, and we hope our Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer Review helps you in making a good decision.
Nautilus makes a lot of great elliptical machines and E614 is one of them, and if you can extend your budget for buying then we will say you can also look at their other ellipticals as well, they come with some more extra features and great things.
Nautilus E618 and E616 are the alternatives of the Nautilus E614, you can also look at the features of the machine by clicking here. These two machines come with all the things that are missing in Nautilus E614.
If you ask us whether to buy the Nautilus E614 or not. Then we will say GO FOR IT, you will never be disappointed by this machine, just do all the maintenance in time and this machine can easily last up to 10-15 years without any major problem.
Here we are going to end our Nautilus E614 Elliptical Review. If you have any questions regarding this machine or you want to tell us anything to us, you can comment below, we are happy to answer all of your questions. See you in some other post.