PowerBlock and IronMaster are the two famous adjustable dumbbells and, today we are going to do a PowerBlock vs IronMaster comparison to know which one is BEST and why it is BEST.
We are going to compare each of these two dumbbells and help you decide which one you need to choose and why.
Adjustable dumbbells are a great piece of exercise equipment, they don’t take much space and they are way more affordable then the traditional dumbbell set.
That is why people who love to exercise at their homes, prefer the adjustable dumbbells over the traditional ones.
Staying fit and healthy is important for all of us, whether you are a regular 9-5 job person, a student or an old person, as health is the only thing which keeps us going if you are healthy you can focus on your job, work, studies or anything that you do, but if you are not healthy then you are not going to be happy or cannot focus on anything.
And home gyms are a great way to stay fit and healthy because you don’t have to worry about going to the gyms while having huge traffic jams, and you can exercise at your home whenever you are free.
And having a home gym is much more affordable than having a gym membership. We have covered reviews of some affordable home gym exercise machines, you can read them out if you want:
- Marcy MWM 988 Review: Best Home Gym Under $250
- Total Gym XLS Review: A Complete Home Workout Machine
- Bodyboss Home Gym 2.0 Review: A Complete portable Home Gym
- Marcy MWM 990 Review: Home Gym Under $350
- Weslo Cadence 5.9 Treadmill Review: Best Affordable Treadmill under $300
- Bowflex VS PowerBlock: Which is BETTER?
PowerBlock vs IronMaster
In our PowerBlock VS Ironmaster Dumbbells comparison, we are going to first review each one and then tell the winner in each segment, that’s how you can understand the comparison better and it also becomes easy for us and for you as well to pick the winner.
Both the products have their own features and problems, and we are going to discuss the features and problems of each one in our PowerBlock VS Ironmaster Dumbbells comparison.
There are so many similarities between these two dumbbells, but there is one BETTER, then the second one. And in our Powerblock DumbbellsVS Ironmaster comparison, we are going to find it.
Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbell Review
The first thing you will notice about the Ironmaster dumbbells is the shape, it looks and appears the same as the traditional dumbbells, the plates this dumbbell comes with are in square shape.
The plates and the dumbbells are made up of steel and iron, without using any kind of plastic, which makes these dumbbells one of the strongest adjustable dumbbells.
The company claims that these are the World’s Strongest Adjustable Dumbbells, we also attach a video in which a person is going to test this claim and proves that these are the strongest ones.
In our Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbell Review, we are going to see the things that we like and the things that we hate about these dumbells and then, at last, we are going to compare it with the other product.
- Strong Body: The Ironmaster is made up of steel and iron which is covered with paint to prevent this from rust, which makes this one of the strongest, and it can easily take anything that you’ll throw on this. You can say that these are non-destructive dumbbells.
- Works Like Traditional Dumbbells: The looks and design of these dumbbells are the same as traditional dumbbells, it has a flat bottom which makes it easier to use while picking it up while doing shoulder press, you can easily put these on your thighs without facing any problem.
- 5-75 lbs weight Range: These dumbbells come with 5 lbs to 75 lbs weight range and you can increase the weight by adding 2.5 lbs weight to both sides. You can even use these to put weight up to 165 lbs with the additional kit for increasing weight. This kit comes with a bigger pin and additional weight plates.
- Strong Storage Stand: The 75 lbs dumbbell set comes with two dumbbell handles, twenty-four 5lbs pates, four 2.5lbs plates, 4 pins, and a storage stand, the dimension of storage stand is 14.5″ W x 19″ L x 26″ H, and this stand can handle weight up to 165lbs. It takes up less than 2 square feet.
- Chrome-plated steel handles with knurled grips: The dumbells come with a steel body and chrome paint, and the plates are made from iron and painted with black. They labeled the plates in LBS as well in Kg.
- Lifetime Warranty: The Ironmaster dumbbells come with a lifetime warranty, as well.
- Take so much time in changing the weight: Ironmaster dumbbells come with pins, that you need to pull out and then take out the weight, and this takes so much time when you are going to do a drop set.
- Comes with 10 lbs of weight increment: At first, you can only increase 10 lbs of weight while using it, if you are new to the exercise and lifting, then this can be an issue for the beginners.
These are the features and problems of the Ironmaster Dumbbells, but the best part of these dumbbells is the build of the dumbells and lifetime warranty, they doesn’t use any kind of moving part or plastic that makes this one of the strongest dumbbells, these are far better than any of the adjustable dumbbells that are available right now.
It has 189 ratings with 4.4 stars out of 5 on its amazon.com page, you can read Ironmaster Reviews if you want from here.
PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells Review
PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells are also popular on Amazon, these are odd-looking adjustable dumbbells, they come in square shape and have a different mechanism to change the weight of the dumbbell.
We have covered a well-detailed PowerBlock Adjustable Dumbbell Review on our site, you can read that if you want to read about these dumbbells in detail.
As it has a different shape, it means it has some other problems as well, and we are going to see all the good and bad things about these dumbbells here.
- Compact Size: The size of the PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells is compact and takes less space than any other adjustable dumbbell take.
- 5-50 lbs Weight Range: The PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells come with 5 to 50 lbs of weight range to choose from.
- Great Warranty: PowerBlock Elite dumbbells come with 10 years of the warranty period, which makes it a great choice for people who are concerned about trying a new product.
- Metal Plates: The plates of the PowerBlock Elite dumbbells are made from metal which is covered with black color protective paint to prevent the dumbells from rust and corrosion.
- Durable Body: The body of the PowerBlock Elite dumbbells are well built and strong, and all the parts of these dumbbells are also well built.
- Grabbing Handle is small: The gap between the grabbing handles can be tight for some people if you have a big hand like me, but if you have normal hands then you are fine.
- Changing Weights takes too much time: Changing weights while using the dumbbells takes so much time, and it can cause an issue for some people. And as it uses a pin to change the weight, and sometimes it gets stuck to different holes and can cause a problem.
- Dumbbells try to rotate while doing some exercise: The weight distribution of the plates of the dumbbells is uneven and the design is also a little odd, as they have extra weights at the side of handlebars, and this can cause the dumbells to rotate while doing the bicep curls and chest press.
These are the things that are good and bad about the PowerBlock Elite dumbbells, and now let’s see which one is the winner in each segment. While picking any product we need to see the features and we all have different priorities and needs.
And picking a winner in each segment can help the customer to pick the best product which suits their needs and budget.
IronMaster vs PowerBlock
Now you have seen the goods and bad of both the products, now it’s time to pick the winner in each segment so that you can pick the one which suits you best and fits on your budget as well.
- Weight Range: The Ironmaster comes with a higher weight range, and you can even add more plates to the same body with an additional kit and can extend the weight from 75 lbs to 165 lbs. So, the winner is the Ironmaster. (Winner: Ironmaster)
- Ease of USE: The Ironmaster looks and functions similar to the traditional dumbbells and that is why it is easy to use while doing any workout, the Powerblocks comes with an odd design and has an extra weight at the sides of handlebars, which creates problems while doing exercise. So, the winner of the ease of use is Ironmaster. (Winner: Ironmaster)
- Price: The PowerBlocks Elite Dumbbells are more affordable than the Ironmaster, and if you have a tight budget then you can go with the PowerBlocks, and it also comes with more ratings and reviews as well. (Winner: PowerBlocks)
- Build: The build quality is another important factor, and here the winner is Ironmaster, as it has an all-metal body and no plastic, which makes the dumbbells strong and more sturdy, and it also comes with a lifetime warranty as well. (Winner: Ironmaster)
- Overall Winner: The overall winner of the PowerBlock VS IronMaster comparison is the IronMaster, as it comes with more weight range, strong build, lifetime warranty, and adding more weight features. (Winner: Ironmaster)
Here is the complete Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbells vs PowerBlock comparison, both the dumbbells are great in their prices, but the ultimate winner of the PowerBlock VS Ironmaster is the IRONMASTER, as it has so many things to offer.
Ironmaster comes with a traditional design, a strong body, and ease of use, lifetime warranty. If you have a good budget then you can go with these dumbbells, as it has many great things to offer.
You will never regret buying the Ironmaster, otherwise, PowerBlock is also great dumbbells, we have compared the PowerBlock and Bowflex in our other article.
You can read that as well, if you ask us, among these three, which one is best, then our answer is IronMaster, the reason is the same, strong build, lifetime warranty, ease of use. Bowflex comes with lots of problems, you can read that on our Bowflex VS PowerBlock article.
We hope our PowerBlock vs Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells comparison solves your confusion of which adjustable dumbbell to pick, Powerblock or Ironmaster?
And if you have any questions regarding this comparison, you can comment down below, and we are happy to answer all of them.
Which one to BUY PowerBlock or IronMaster?
There are lots of differences between the PowerBlocks and Ironmaster, like Ironmaster comes with more weight ranges, and it looks similar to a traditional dumbell, but PowerBlocks are more affordable. And if you need a strong adjustable dumbell, the IronMaster is for you and it comes with Lifetime Warranty as well.
What are the differences between Ironmaster and PowerBlocks?
Ironmaster is more stronger as it is built from Iron, and it is more easy to use, and comes with Lifetime warranty, but PowerBlocks are more popular and more affordable then Ironmaster. Powerblocks are little complicated to use because of its odd design.