In our daily lives, we are surrounded by many gadgets and tech products. Smartwatches are the part of these gadgets, and today we are here with another comparison of two smartwatches Ticwatch 2 and Ticwatch E.
Many users are confused about which one to pick between these two and that is why we are creating Ticwatch 2 vs Ticwatch E comparison.
Smartwatches are becoming common these days as they are getting popularity and users are loving them also. Smartwatches make our lives much easier, you don’t need to carry your phone with you everywhere, now smartwatches can do all the things that your smartphone can do, you can find your smartphone or vice versa, you can track your health and other vital stats, check your notifications directly from your watch, etc.
There are many things that you can do with smartwatches and Ticwatch 2 and Ticwatch E are no different, and today we are going to see the difference between these two. So, without wasting much more time let’s start our Ticwatch E vs Ticwatch 2.
Ticwatch 2 vs Ticwatch E
Ticwatch smartwatches are made by the company named Mobvoi, they made a lot of types of smartwatches and Ticwatch 2 is their oldest smartwatches, they don’t sell this anymore from their official site, but you can still find this on Amazon.
Tickwatch E is from one of their new products, they still sold this in their official site as well as on amazon. And today we are going to see the difference between these two great smartwatches in our detailed Ticwatch 2 vs E comparison.
Ticwatch 2 and Ticwatch E are excellent smartwatches with overall similar features and look but they still have some differences which can affect the suitability list of a person.
In this comparison, Ticwatch 2 vs Ticwatch E, we will analyze every aspect of these 2 models to make sure that you don’t end up wasting money on some wrong choice. So, without wasting much more time, let’s start the comparison.
|Ticwatch 2||Ticwatch E|
|Display||OLED (1.4″)||OLED (1.4″)|
|Screen Resolution||400×400 Pixels (287 ppi)||400×400 Pixels (287 ppi)|
|Operating System||Ticwear OS 4.0||Android Wear 2.0|
|Personal Assistant||Mobvoi Voice Search||Google Assistant|
|Compass/Magnetometer, Vibration/Haptics engine||No||Yes|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Reviews||444 (3.5/5)||3722 (3.7/5|
Ticwatch 2 Review
Ticwatch 2 is one of the oldest smartwatches that you can still find in today’s market. Ticwatch 2 was released in July 2016, July. And it has been released with three different models back then, and these three models are Ticwatch 2, Ticwatch 2 Active, and Ticwatch Oak.
All three models vary in their prices, Ticwatch 2 is the cheapest one. But we are going to review the Ticwatch 2 classic.
- Design: Ticwatch has a circular design with a diameter of 1.4 inches and comes in a stainless steel body, and the strap material is made up of silicone. The design of the Ticwatch 2 looks classic, that can easily go with any dress up. It comes in three colors of Black, Brown, White.
- Display: Ticwatch 2 comes with a 1.4” of an OLED display with multi touch support and the resolution of the display is 400×400 pixels. The pixel density of the screen is 287 PPI, and it got the Sapphire Glass Screen protection, which means your watch is not getting any scratches easily.
- Connectivity: Ticwatch 2 comes with all kinds of important wireless connection features. It comes with Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and GLONASS, Wifi. But it lacks some points like it doesn’t come with NFC, USB, and Radio. It can easily show you all kinds of notifications like SMS, Call, Calendar, Weather Forecast, Email, and other activity alerts.
- Fitness Tracking: Ticwatch 2 also comes with fitness tracker features, like Distance calculator, Heart Rate Sensor, and Step Counter, and as we already told you that it has GPS + GLONASS that you can use to track your routes as well.
- Other Features: Ticwatch 2 comes with its own operating system called Ticwatch OS which is not as good as Google’s Wear OS, but still it comes with many other sensors like Accelerometer, PPG Optical Sensor for Heart Rate, Pedometer, and Gyroscope. And you can easily connect this with your smartphone with the help of their own app called Ticwatch App.
And it has its own Voice Assistant, you can customize the look of the main screen of the watch with the help of this app, and you can connect this with any Android version from 4.3+ to iOS 8.0+.
Ticwatch 2 also comes with speakers and microphones, it comes with a battery capacity of 300mAh, Li-polymer that can easily last up to 1-2 days.
It comes with 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory and there is no SD card slot. And the chipset in which the Ticwear OS 4.0 is running is MediaTek MTK2601, which runs on 1.2GHz Dual-Core clock speed. And it is also waterproof with an IP rating of IP65 and the weight of the smartwatch is around 44grams.
PROs & CONs
Take a look at the PROs and CONs of Ticwatch 2 which will help to make a better comparison of Ticwatch E vs Ticwatch 2.
- Great Features
Ticwatch 2 contains all kinds of important features that are essential for a good smartwatch. And that is enough for a normal user.
- Great Pricing and Ratings
The price of the Ticwatch 2 is good enough as the features it is providing.
- Not available anymore
Yeah, it is not available right now, you can buy the used ones right now, but you cannot buy this new anymore.
- Doesn’t come with Wear OS
Ticwatch doesn’t come with Android’s Wear OS.
Ticwatch E Review
Ticwatch E is a very recent smartwatch made by Mobvoi, it was launched in November 2017, November.
And it becomes widely popular after the release, you can see the popularity of the Ticwatch E by seeing the ratings of this watch from its amazon seller page.
It got 3219 ratings with 3.6 stars out of 5.
- Design: The Ticwatch E is a circular smartwatch that is made up of polycarbonate material with a diameter of 1.4” and it also comes in different colors from which you can pick your favorite. The design of a mixture of classic and modern that makes it people’s favorite. The weight of the Ticwatch E is 41.grams, which is IP67 waterproof as well.
- Display: Ticwatch E comes with a 1.4” OLED display, which has 400×400 pixels of resolution and 287ppi of pixel density. And it also supports multi-touch as well. But it doesn’t have any protection on its screen.
- Connectivity: Ticwatch E comes with all kinds of connectivity features such as Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Wifi. You can connect Ticwatch E with your android as well as iOS device easily with the help of Google’s own app. But it doesn’t come with NFC, GLONASS, and USB connectivity.
- Fitness Tracking: You can also track your health and other fitness vitals with the help of the Ticwatch E smartwatch. It can easily track distance, heart rate, steps and routes that you have taken. And you can sync the data collected by the watch to the Google Fit App or to any other third party app. And while working out or while running you can even listen to your favorite tracks together.
- Other Features: Ticwatch E runs on Wear OS 2.0 and it has the same chipset that is present in Ticwatch 2 i.e. MediaTek MT2601 that is clocked in 1.2GHz, and comes with 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, and doesn’t have any port for the external SD card. You can connect your watch with your smartphone with the help of the Ticwear App and can show you all kinds of alerts and notifications like SMS, Call, Email, Calendar, Weather.
The Ticwear App comes with all kinds of sensors like Accelerometer, Heart Rate, Gyroscope, Vibration/Haptics engine, Compass/Magnetometer, Proximity Sensor.
And it has built-in speakers and microphone to take commands with Google Assistant and has 300mAh of battery that can last up to 48 hours in normal use, and you can charge that with the help of a magnetic connector that comes with the box.
PROs & CONs
After seeing so many features of Ticwatch E, let’s get started with the important section of Ticwatch E Review to assess some PROs and CONs of the machine to get a clearer idea about Ticwatch E to determine whether it is worth buying.
- Great Ratings
Ticwatch E has 3200+ ratings on its amazon page which makes it one of the most selling smartwatches.
- Come with all kinds of features
Ticwatch E comes with all kinds of features that are required for an average user.
The price of the Ticwatch E comes under $200, which makes it the best choice for people who are searching for an affordable smartwatch.
- Impressive Battery Backup
Ticwatch E can last up to 3-4 days on a single charge.
- Doesn’t come with NFC
Ticwatch E doesn’t have NFC that makes it quite difficult to connect with the smartphone.
- Lacks Quick Charging
Ticwatch E doesn’t come with quick charging support.
- Doesn’t come with Sapphire Glass
Ticwatch E doesn’t have Sapphire glass, which makes it easy to get scratches.
TICWATCH E VS TICWATCH 2
Now you have seen all the things about both the smartwatches but which one is best among the two? We are now seeing who is the winner in its segment. That will help you to choose the best one for your needs and budget.
- Display: Ticwatch 2 and Ticwatch both have the same resolution display with the same pixel density, but Ticwatch 2 is the winner here, as it has Sapphire Glass Protection. (Winner: Ticwatch E)
- Operating System: Ticwatch 2 comes with Ticwear OS4.0 and Ticwatch E comes with Android Wear OS, and Android Wear is better than the Ticwear in terms of support and app support. (Winner: Ticwatch E)
- Features: In terms of features, Ticwatch E has more features and better features as compared to Ticwatch 2. Ticwatch E comes with Compass/Magnetometer, Proximity Sensor, Vibration/Haptics engine. And Ticwatch E comes with a magnetic charger and better battery backup. (Winner: Ticwatch E)
- Availability: This is another important point, here Ticwatch E is the winner, as Ticwatch 2 is not available anymore if you want to buy this new, you can buy second hand Ticwatch 2, but not new, and on Ticwatch 2 you will not get any warranty from the company. (Winner: Ticwatch E)
How big is the Ticwatch E?
The Ticwatch 2 comes in a circular body with Stainless Steel body and the weight of the body is 44 grams, and the strap is made up of Silicone and the dimensions of its case are 44 x 44 x 12 mm / 4.2 x 4.2 x 1.2 cm / 1.65 x 1.65 x 0.47 Inches.
Is Ticwatch E worth?
Yes, it is as it has all kinds of essential features that a normal person needs in its day to day life. It comes with great ratings and reviews on their amazon seller page, you can also read them as well.
Is Ticwatch E waterproof?
Yes, it is, Ticwatch E comes with IP67 ratings, you can easily use this up to Up to 3.3 feet.
How long does the Ticwatch E battery last?
The Ticwatch E comes with 300mAh and it can easily last up to 48 hours in normal usage and on standby, it can easily last up to 120 hours. But in our usage, we got a day of usage from Ticwatch E.
Does TicWatch E have a speaker?
Yes, Ticwatch E comes with a built-in speaker and microphone, by which you can give commands and hear notification alerts.
Does Ticwatch E have WiFi?
Yes, it has, you can connect with the internet with the help of a WiFi, you can connect to your smartphone with the Ticwear App.